At Kroger, you can save up to $1 a gallon with Kroger Fuel Points. If you happen to live in an area with Fred Meyer, you’re in even more luck. Freddy’s Fuel Points can save you up to $1.25 a gallon when you fill up. Most of the other Kroger Family stores, such as Fry’s, also offer similar fuel programs.
First, you’ll need the respective loyalty card for your store of choice. For example, for Kroger you’ll need a Kroger Plus card or a 1-2-3 Rewards Mastercard. If you do all your grocery shopping at the one store, the points will add up pretty quick. The more fuel points you accumulate, the more you can save at the pump. Keep in mind, points earned will expire at the end of the next calendar month.
You can redeem your points at any participating store fuel center or Shell gas stations. With 100 points, you’ll save 10¢ per gallon on one fill-up, up to 35 gallons. 200 will save you 20¢. With 1000 points, depending on the rewards program, you’ll save $1 to $1.25 a gallon.
Groceries will earn you one point per dollar spent. However, in addition to earning points by shopping, there are other ways to earn extras.
· Take a survey. At the bottom of your store receipt, you may find an option for earning additional fuel points. Kroger’s customer satisfaction survey, for example, will reward you with an additional 50 points. You can only do this once a week, but it’s totally worth it.
· Buy gift cards. All your shopping doesn’t have to be done at the grocery. Kroger counts money spent on gift cards towards your points. So, if you’re planning to make purchases elsewhere, grab a gift card and get those fuel points. Most stores offer cards for tons of places, even amazon.com.
· Watch for promotional offers. Occasionally, stores will offer 2x or even 4x points on certain purchases. Often, it’s a bonus on gift card purchases. (Score!) Stock up on gift cards during a promo offer and easily multiply your points earnings.
· Fill your prescriptions at the store pharmacy. Non-federally funded prescriptions can earn you an extra 50 points. Prescriptions that are federally funded will earn you one point for every dollar you spend out of pocket.
· Visit The Little Clinic. Whether you simply need a flu shot or there’s some other reason for your visit, you’ll earn points here too. For every visit, you’ll get 50 fuel points.